North Bend Elementary School (NBES) Located at the base of scenic Mount Si, North Bend Elementary School (NBES) serves students in kindergarten through fifth grade. The school was built in 1962 in the heart of North Bend, and went through a major remodel in 1999. It has 23 classrooms within two main buildings and 15 modular classrooms, a library, multi-purpose room, full-sized gym with climbing wall, and technology lab.
All classrooms are equipped with technology tools that includes: interactive touch TVs, web-based tools, and sets of mobile devices, to engage students in their learning. All K-5 students receive coding instruction. The school emphasizes a positive and supportive learning environment to guide student behavior to: be safe, be respectful and be responsible.
- Instructional support for broad range of student ability and skill levels; specialty classrooms for special learning needs.
- Student-to-student support programs include: peer mediation and buddy classes.
- 5th graders attend an outdoor education camp.
- Safety patrol members help families arrive safely at school.
- Afterschool care is provided in partnership with Si View Metro Parks.
- Before and after-school enrichment classes offered: Good Citizens Club, Marimba Club, Ukulele Club, Choir, EL Before-School Support.
- Girls on the Run program promotes self-esteem and good health.
- We have amazing parent/guardian volunteers!
The Snoqualmie Valley School District (SVSD) is located 30 miles east of Seattle in the beautiful Cascade Mountain foothills of Washington State. The district spans more than 400 square miles and serves families in Fall City, North Bend, Snoqualmie, and surrounding unincorporated areas in King County. We offer quality public education to approximately 7,200 students in 11 schools — six elementary schools (grades P-5), three middle schools (6-8), one comprehensive high school (9-12), and a Big Picture high school (9-12).
Alternative learning options offered by our district include Mount Si High School’s Online Courses (9-12), our Parent Partnership Program for families who choose to school their students (K-10) at home, a Transition Learning Center for special education services for ages 18-21, and a 100% Online Learning Program (K-12).
Since 2019, our students have enjoyed the newly-constructed and expanded Mount Si High School campus, which features a state-of-the-art Performing Arts Center. Our district’s One-to-One Computing Initiative equips every student in grades 6-12 with a laptop computer for use at school and home. Thanks to our supportive community that values education, Snoqualmie Valley schools rank among the best in Washington State with a 98% four-year graduation rate. Learn more from the latest OSPI Snoqualmie Valley School District Report Card.